SergeMD is currently seeking an individual for a Network and Systems Administrator position in Memphis, TN to support Windows server infrastructures and applications, as well as networking equipment and configurations. This position is responsible for the support and maintenance of a variety of Microsoft platforms, including AD, Exchange, and DNS. To be considered, candidates must demonstrate knowledge of and an ability to install and troubleshoot the platforms they will be required to support.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide moderate level expertise on IT issues related to the Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 operating systems, including Exchange, Group Policy, and Active Directory
- Assist in the planning, design, troubleshooting and continuity planning for IT infrastructures
- Inspect or diagnose equipment, structures or materials to identify the causes of errors or other problems or defects
- Install and configure network hardware such as firewalls, routers, access points, and switches
- Install and configure network and server management and monitoring systems
- Ensure company standard server technologies are being followed, including proper performance and capacity standards
- Modify computer files, databases and registries to incorporate new software, correct errors or change individual access status
- Validate computer system images and application packages for deployment into production
- Respond to and resolve support requests
- Construct and configure hardware components for server and workstation builds
- Create disaster recovery and emergency plans
- Maintain secondary and tertiary enterprise systems related to messaging infrastructure such as SPAM and Antivirus platforms
- Facilitate knowledge sharing by creating and maintaining detailed and comprehensive documentation and diagrams
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the AD and other related Microsoft server applications
- Research and implement new technologies to improve the enterprise infrastructure
- College degree in Information Technology or Computer Science, or equivalent knowledge gained through experience
- Three years of relevant work experience with Microsoft platform products, including the Windows 2003/2008/2012 operating systems in medium or large business environments
- Moderate to advanced computer skills and experience with computer programs such as Microsoft Office 2010, Remote Assistance tools, Windows Deployment Services, Active Directory, Exchange 2010, SQL 2008 R2, VMware 5.x, Windows 7, Server 2003/2008/2012
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft SQL 2008
- Experience administering, monitoring and troubleshooting complex messaging environments
- Experience in TCP/IP and Network services such as DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Experience with VPN and firewall configurations
- Experience in Server Migration and Conversions
- Effective writing skills in order to maintain accurate documentation on the repair, installation and removal of equipment
- Ability to move and rack hardware
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of administering Backup and Recovery
- Must be available to perform maintenance during non-business hours and participate in an on-call rotation
- This role is eligible for the SergeMD benefits plan including medical, dental, and disability insurance, and the 401(k) program.
This is a full-time position. Starting salary is DOE.
The position description may not include all the duties and responsibilities of the job. Duties and responsibilities that are not listed, but which the employee may be expected to perform, will fall within the scope of the skills, knowledge and training for the position.